Travel Fellowship - Application Instructions
The International Society for Biocuration and the Biocuration Conference 2012 is pleased to provide travel fellowships to students, junior curators and people originated from low income countries or countries suffering from natural disasters.
We intend to support 10 applicants. Applying for a fellowship does not guarantee that you will receive funding - if you require a fellowship in order to attend, please do not register until after you have been notified that you have received an award.
The travel fellowship will cover your registration and travel costs with up to $1000.
Requirements and procedures:
Each applicant for a travel fellowship must satisfy the following conditions:
- The applicant must have been selected for a poster or oral presentation. However, those who have not yet submitted an abstract are also eligible; please submit your abstract with the travel sponsorship application. Only the presenting author from a multi-author abstract may apply for a fellowship.
- The applicant must submit an accompanying letter explaining why s/he is requesting travel funds: please remember we are trying to encourage junior curators, people originated from low income countries or countries suffering from natural disasters.
- The applicant must register for the conference within one week of receiving notification of the award.
Application materials should be sent to email@example.com.
Receipts related to your attendance of the 5th Biocuration Conference should be submitted at the end of the conference at the registration desk.
The applicant should review visa requirements and make any necessary arrangements.
- Application deadline: 2nd March, 2012
- Notification of acceptance: 9th March, 2012
- Conference: April 2-4, 2012